Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wink at the moon

Yesterday It was a beautiful moon out here in Singapore & I as I showed it to my 3 year old daughter, I told her about how Niel Armstrong had gone all the way over to it. Her first question was,


"When?"

I think she was mortified that she had missed the event happening. I had to explain that was many years back.

"More than 20 years back?"

"Yes."

"More than one hundred thousand years back?"

"No. About forty years back."

She digested this for a while.

"Did he go in a Rocket?"

"Yes. It was a big beautiful rocket with big jets and painted black and white."

"Not red?"

"No not red. Would you like me to show you the pictures?"

"Yes. Did he come back?"

"Yes he did. & there was a big parade. But now he's gone away again."

"Where?"

"I hope to the moon baby. Do you want to say bye to him with me?"



And so we waved our hands & said our goodbye's.



"Can I go to the moon?"

"Ofcourse you can."

"Will you come with me?"

"I'll always be there with you babe."

"Can I watch Dora now?"


RIP Niel.







No comments: